DZP is one of only a handful of law firms in Poland having a specialist Data Privacy Team. Our Data Privacy Team experts have extensive experience gained over almost 20 years since personal data protection rules were introduced in Poland in 1997. The team head also deals with data protection themes academically.
Our lawyers constantly monitor legislation and developing practice in Poland, the European Union and in non-EU countries. They have also participated in creating best data protection practices and have taken part in the public debate over personal data protection in Poland.
The team advises leading domestic and foreign businesses in the following sectors:
- banking and finance,
- mail order,
- tourism and hotel trade,
- energy and fuels,
- advertising and public relations.
The Data Privacy Team has experience in:
- full-range advice on the implementation of personal data protection solutions,
- running proceedings before the General Inspector of Personal Data Protection (GIODO), Voivodship Administrative Courts and the Supreme Administrative Court,
- compliance services (ensuring that internationally applicable documents comply with Polish and EU laws),
- advice on the transfer of data outside the European Economic Area, including to USA and India.